* The multiple choice questions cover only the last three units we have studied (Intelligence & Stress, Therapy, and Development – Chapters 11, 14, 17, and 4). Material from other chapters will not be included on this test.
ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS WILL BE RANDOMLY SELECTED FOR YOU BY THE TEACHER. BE SURE TO ANSWER THE ASSIGNED QUESTION AND ONLY THE ASSIGNED QUESTION.
- Billy is depressed. Explain how each of the following therapists would help Billy:
- a biomedical therapist
- Answer the following three mini questions:
- Summarize the meaning and significance of attachment.
- What is the major social achievement of childhood? Explain.
- What is the best parenting style? Why?
- From the time one is born until the time one graduates from high school, a person experiences various stages and types of development. List and explain any 7 significant developmental events that occur during this time in a person’s life and identify which psychologists’ theory it comes from. You may choose from cognitive, moral, and/or psychosocial development.
something in unconscious mind (not necessarily from childhood)
p. 670 - specifically
client centered therapy and active listening
electrocompulsive therapy (pg. 689)
use of drugs (pg 687: antidepressants)
what does it mean and why important
Social achievement of childhood
positive sense of self
little newborns don't know own reflections
pg. 157 - 158
authoritative (good parenting)
DOWNLOAD POWERPOINT :D
164-166 (kole berg)